The Trust is blessed to have two early 16th Century Chapels, one on each of its main sites in Tiverton. More information can be found on our history page here
John Greenway Chapel – Gold Street
The John Greenway Chapel was founded by a local merchant sometime between 1517-1520, with an original capacity to house five men. The Almshouse block was originally rebuilt in 1732 following a fire and again at some point during the 19th Century.
Waldron Chapel Wellbrook Street
The Waldron almshouse and adjoining Chapel were founded in 1579. John Waldron died before the buildings were finished and his wife Ricord, ensured the building was completed in his memory.
For further information on the 2 chapels, please see below information leaflets.